It’s been awhile, dear readers. Much of Worktank was out for holiday festivities and now we are winding down the hours till we ring in the New Year. If you’ve been living under a rock for the last two weeks here’s what’s been going on in the news lately:
- Instagram screwed up royally by not wordsmithing their Terms of Service, leading to outrage among users. Some experts claim they may have lost 25% of their users due to this debacle.
- The Seattle Seahawks ended their regular season by beating the San Francisco 49ers and the St. Louis Rams. Yes, that’s news.
- Washington State is considering tolling I-90.
Here’s what we talked about at Worktank the last two weeks:
1. .Net Magazine posted an article titled How to Understand Your Audience, something to be considered when running your virtual event.
2. Brian Solis discussed the trend of multi-tasking and our increased connectedness to devices. This affects consumers and how it will force a shift in customer engagement.
3. Geekwire shared a list of books that made Bill Gates stop and ponder. What books did you read this year that made you think?
4. Don’t know the right questions to ask? Fast Company provided an article where you can pick up some conversational tips and tricks.
5. Alexis Ohanian shares words of wisdom from building three startups. Check out the video at 99u.
- 10 of the Most Memorable Marketing Campaigns of 2012 brought to you by Hubspot.
- Harvard Business Review’s interviews with 10 intriguing people.
- iMediaConnection talked about the digital trends that will help 2013.
- Making resolutions stick is hard. Fast Company posted an article on resolutions that will (hopefully) make 2013 your best year ever.
- But don’t forget where you’ve been in 2012. Steamfeed discussed why you should reflect on your accomplishments in the past year.